Disclaimer: Medicare has neither endorsed nor reviewed this information. Not connected or affiliated with any United States Government or State agency. Calling this number will direct you to a licensed Agent/Broker.
What Does Medicare Cover?
Medicare covers a huge variety of healthcare needs. This coverage is, however, dependent on the plan you are under. To better understand the offerings of each plan, let’s summarize each part’s coverage.
What Does Original Medicare Cover?
Original Medicare, including Parts A and B, is offered by the federal government and offers basic, necessary coverage. Part A coverage includes:
- Hospital Inpatient Care (Up to 60 Days)
- Nursing Facility Care (Up to 60 Days)
- Nursing Home Care (Upon Approval)
- Hospice Care (Upon Approval)
- Home Health Services (Upon Approval)
Part B covers, in general, medical services including Durable Medical Equipment (DME), vaccines, etc. Here are just a few of the more specific coverage options under Part B:
- Cardiac Rehabilitation
- Limited Chiropractic Services
- Ambulance Services
- Diabetes Supplies
- Durable Medical Equipment (DME)
- Kidney Dialysis Services and Supplies
- Outpatient Mental Healthcare
- Physical Therapy
- And Much More
Get Free Medicare Help
We are not connected with or endorsed by the United States government or the federal Medicare program.
What Does Medicare Advantage Cover?
Medicare Advantage provides additional coverage to Original Medicare. Because individual providers offer it, your coverage options may change depending on the plan you choose and your location. You will very likely have coverage for:
- Routine dental, vision, and hearing care including cleanings, dentures, eyeglasses, and hearing aids
- Doctor’s visit (in-network vs. out-of-network coverage is dependant on the provider)
- Inpatient and outpatient mental health services
- Medical equipment such as walkers, shower chairs, etc.
Other benefits are dependent on the plan and provider you choose. These benefits may include:
- Occupational and physical therapy
- Speech and language pathology
- Fitness, including exercise classes
- Caregiver counseling
What Do Medicare Supplements Cover?
Medicare supplements do not provide additional benefits in the same way as Medicare Advantage. It instead covers the out-of-pocket costs of Original Medicare. These covered costs include:
- Medicare Part A and Part B Deductible
- Hospital Care After 60 Days
- Skilled Nursing Facility Care After 60 Days
Need Help Choosing the Right Coverage?
Our team of Medicare experts is here to help you understand your coverage options. Whether you’re ready for a free quote or would just like more information, MedicareMisty is here for you. Give us a call at (423) 240-0794 to learn more!