Disclaimer: Medicare has neither endorsed nor reviewed this information. Not connected or affiliated with any United States Government or State agency. Calling this number will direct you to a licensed Agent/Broker.
Medigap Plan D
Medigap Plan D offers great coverage options. It is similar to Medigap Plan C and G, but with one less coverage option in order to fit your needs at a lower cost.
Make sure you do not confuse Medigap Plan D with Medicare Part D—Medigap Plan D is a form of supplemental insurance, while Plan D is a prescription drug coverage plan you can add to your Original Medicare plan.
Medigap Plan D Coverage
Medigap Plan D’s coverage options include:
- Part A Coinsurance & Hospital Costs
- Part B Coinsurance or Copayment
- First 3 Pints of Blood for Transfusions
- Part A Hospice Care Coinsurance or Copayment
- Skilled Nursing Care Facility Coinsurance
- Part A Deductible
- 80% of Foreign Travel Emergency Care
Get Free Medicare Help
We are not connected with or endorsed by the United States government or the federal Medicare program.
Medigap Plan D Comparison
Medigap Plan D does not cover your Part B deductible or Part B excess charges. If you would like these forms of coverage, it may be best to choose an alternative plan:
- Plan C covers the same costs as Plan D in addition to the Part B deductible.
- Plan G covers the same costs as Plan D in addition to Part B Excess charges.
- Plan F covers the same costs as Plan D and your Part B deductible and Part B excess charges.
All of these plans are great, high-coverage plan options. You can also choose from any of the 12 Medigap plans if you feel that these do not meet your healthcare needs or budget.
Have Additional Questions?
MedicareMisty’s top concern is your health, security, and budget. We want to make this Medicare process as simple as possible. If you still have questions or would like a free Medigap quote, give us a call.