Disclaimer: Medicare has neither endorsed nor reviewed this information. Not connected or affiliated with any United States Government or State agency. Calling this number will direct you to a licensed Agent/Broker.
High Deductible Plan G
High Deductible Plan G offers an alternative payment method to Medigap Plan G. As the name implies, you will pay a higher yearly deductible to then pay a lower monthly premium.
High Deductible Plan G Coverage
High Deductible Plan G covers all of the same medical benefits as Medigap Plan G. These benefits include:
- 100% of Part A Coinsurance & Hospital Costs
- 100% of Part B Coinsurance or Copayment
- 100% of the First 3 Pints of Blood for Transfusions
- 100% of Part A Hospice Care Coinsurance or Copayment
- 100% of Skilled Nursing Care Facility Coinsurance
- 100% of Your Part A Deductible
- 100% Part B Excess Charges
- 80% of Foreign Travel Emergency Care Costs
Get Free Medicare Help
We are not connected with or endorsed by the United States government or the federal Medicare program.
High Deductible Plan G Costs
Although High Deductible Plan G and Medigap Plan G cover the same healthcare costs, your payments on each plan differs. A fair way to compare High Deductible Plan G and Medigap Plan G is to look at their yearly and monthly costs.
As the name implies, you will pay a higher deductible of $2,340 a year (as of 2020) under High Deductible Plan G. Your monthly premium payments, however, will be significantly lower than the alternative.
High Deductible Plan G is great for those who:
- Need a lower monthly premium.
- Would rather pay for coverage up-front than month-to-month.
- Visit doctors and hospitals semi-frequently.
- Live in states that allow excess charges.
Need Help Choosing A Plan?
Our team of Medicare experts are waiting to help answer your questions and concerns. Choosing a plan can be tricky. Whether you’re just getting started or are ready to purchase a plan, we’re here for you. If you need help choosing a plan and would like a free High Deductible Plan G quote, give us a call at (423) 240-0794.