Disclaimer: Medicare has neither endorsed nor reviewed this information. Not connected or affiliated with any United States Government or State agency. Calling this number will direct you to a licensed Agent/Broker.
As a whole, your Medicare carrier:
- Uses private carriers to process requests for insurance coverage and review appeals.
- Uses different carriers for each state or territory.
- Uses private carriers for durable equipment, claims, and business functions
- Process claims for Original Medicare
- Make Medicare payments
- Account for Medicare payments
- Recruit and enroll Original Medicare service providers
- Review appeals and make reimbursements
- Review medical records as needed for claims
- Establish Local Coverage Determinations to include ore procedures as medicinal applications grow
- Handle inquiries from service providers
Your claims, payments, appeals, etc. for Original Medicare must, then, be directed to your carrier.
Get Free Medicare Help
We are not connected with or endorsed by the United States government or the federal Medicare program.